Yao Mountain – the tallest mountain within Guilin City
What is the Yao Mountain?
Yao Mountain Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yaoshan (尧山)
- Height: 760 x meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Cave, Adventure, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 1 – 1.5 x hours
Interested in visiting Yao Mountain on a Private Tour in Guilin?
What to expect at Yao Mountain
Yao Mountain lies from the south to the north, looking like a sleeping bull. After rain in spring, the mountain is surrounded by clouds and fog, making great materials for photography purposes. In addition, azalea in blossom dotted around the mountain adds more charm to it in spring. In summer, green pines and bamboos provide more vitality for the mountain. Red maple leaves, purple cypress leaves and golden wild chrysanthemum in autumn makes for another gorgeous paradise for tourists. In winter, snowflakes hung in the trees are also stunning views on the mountain.
On the top of the mountain, you will be amazed at the views of the karst hills on fine days. There are several spots to be visit, such as the spring and the statues of Buddha and the cultural show of Zhuang people. The best-preserved tombs of princes in the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644) – Jingjiang Tombs are also situated on the mountain.
If you enjoy climbing and your conditions are good enough, it is recommended that you explore the small trail on the left of the entrance of the mountain. The trail winds through the forest to the top. It is a little difficult to explore as there is no stone step along the trail. Some sections of the trail require you to use your hands together with your feet to climb up.
Best time to visit Yao Mountain
The best time to visit Yao Mountain is in the morning on sunny days.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
- There is no direct bus to Yao Mountain from Guilin City. You could take Bus 24 to the Stop of Jingjiang Tombs (靖江王陵站) or just rent a vehicle to the foot of the mountain.
Additional Yao Mountain Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:00 for the entrance to Yao Mountain; 08:30 – 16:30 for the entrance to the chairlift and the toboggan.
- As at 18th January 2023, the pass ticket for the entrance to Yao Mountain and the round-trip chairlift is 110 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for one-way chairlift is 40 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com).
- It is not suggested to take the chairlift for those who suffer from high blood pressure, acrophobia, and heart diseases.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream on fine days.